Subject: Information on fires sought for documentary

Information on fires sought for documentary

From: Robert P. Van Eyk <rpvaneyk>
Date: Thursday, June 11, 1998
The following is posted on behalf of Susan Smitten

    **** Moderator's comments: Please respond directly to
    sues [at] compusmart__ab__ca

    Inferno is a documentary series consisting of 15 half-hour
    episodes that will focus on various types of fire and the
    science behind them.  The themes range from arson and pipeline
    fires, to towering infernos and fires in flight.  In all cases,
    the two major prerequisites are amazing footage and great
    science.

    The episode I am currently working on is "Irreplaceable
    Treasures."  Blazes like the one at Windsor Castle certainly top
    the list for this one. However, I am interested in finding out
    if there have been other fires in Canada (or elsewhere) that
    destroyed or damaged our historical or artistic treasures.

    And, as this is for Discovery Channel, I also want to know about
    the technology - old and emerging - used to recover, and protect
    works of art.

    If you could have people email me at: sues [at] compusmart__ab__ca  or
    telephone at 403-440-2022, ext. 273, that would be wonderful.
    Your help is really appreciated,

    Susan Smitten
    Producer, Inferno

Robert Van Eyk, Conservator
Canadian Conservation & Restoration Services

                   Distributed: Friday, June 12, 1998