Subject: Visiting to USHMM during AIC meeting

Visiting to USHMM during AIC meeting

From: Jane E. Klinger <jklinger>
Date: Wednesday, May 27, 1998
For AIC participants who would like to visit the United States
Holocaust Memorial Museum while in Washington:

    Go to the Pass Desk located at the Fourteenth Street side of the
    building.  Show your conference badge and you will receive a
    ticket. For significant others, friends, etc. we have set aside
    a separate block of tickets.  Tell the Visitor Services
    Representative at the desk that you need X number of tickets
    (please no more than three) from the block of tickets for
    "Friends of AIC" left by Conservation/Jane Klinger.  Note that
    USHMM passes are usually for a specific day and time, but the
    ones we have set aside are open entry for the day. Passes will
    be available from June 1 - 10.

    Museum hours are 10:00 to 5:30 and 10:00 to 8:00 on Thursdays.
    This is a high visitation time, so we ask that you not plan on
    coming right at opening when the Pass Desk is extremely busy. It
    does clear up rather quickly, so 10:30 is a fine time to plan to
    arrive.  The average visitor spends three and a half hours going
    through the Permanent Exhibition, so plan your time accordingly.

                   Distributed: Friday, May 29, 1998