Subject: Poultices for cleaning limestone

Poultices for cleaning limestone

From: John Russick <arch1trav>
Date: Friday, May 22, 1998
    **** Moderator's comments:
    This query comes from a person who is not on the DistList and
    will not see any responses that are posted here.  Please respond
    directly to sender and if of general interest post it here as well

I am researching poultices for use in cleaning limestone faced
buildings.  The stains to be removed include corrosion stains,
burned/scorched stone, and stains from roadway salt penetrating the
stone.  I'm familiar with several manufacturers of detergents and
other cleaning systems, but I've found very little on poultices.
Please pass along any tried and true poultice recipes or information
about where to find them.

John Russick
Preservation Designer
Architrave P.C. Architects