Subject: Preservation specifications for integrated library system

Preservation specifications for integrated library system

From: Regina A. Sinclair <regina-sinclair>
Date: Friday, May 22, 1998
This message is for preservation program managers who are willing to
share preservation-related specifications recently incorporated (or
considered for incorporation) into an RFI or RFP for an integrated
library system.  I have a very short time line for articulating the
features of an automated system that are desirable to support future
innovations in our preservation program here at the University of
Iowa.  The need for basic capabilities like charging items
to/discharging them from Preservation and for a system to interface
with LARS (our automated binding system) can be straightforwardly
addressed.  What I need from you are ideas for future program
development and what system features are needed to support these.

Please fax or e-mail me any documentation that you are willing to
share. I will summarize for the list any responses received.  I need
to hear from you by Monday, June 1, 1998.  Thank you very much,

Regina A. Sinclair
Preservation Librarian
100 Main Library
University of Iowa