Subject: Magnetic photo albums

Magnetic photo albums

From: Glenda Stevens <g.stevens>
Date: Monday, May 18, 1998
We are about to remove some letters from some donor-created
scrapbooks with "magnetic" pages.  We plan to de-acidify and
encapsulate the letters.  Does anyone know what the tacky substance
on the scrapbook pages is that is now adhering to the letters,
giving the sheets of paper a horizontal pinstripe appearance?  Can
or should anything be done about cleaning this before application of
the de-acidification process?  How would you do this? Thanks,

Glenda Stevens
Jim Wright Archivist
Texas Christian University
Box 298400