Subject: Conservation of niello

Conservation of niello

From: Marie-Odile Robbins <westdean>
Date: Thursday, May 14, 1998
I am posting this query in behalf of Anthea Phoca, Student of
Conservation and Restoration of Fine Metalwork at West Dean College.

    I am currently undertaking a project on the historic technique
    of Niello, researching the old sources and practising the old
    recipes. A major part is also devoted on the conservation and
    restoration of niello. More specifically, I would like to
    enquire on the approaches and treatments professionals have
    taken to preserve and/or restore niello.

West Dean College
West Dean
Chichester, West Sussex
PO18 0QZ