Subject: Position at Institute of Nautical Archaeology

Position at Institute of Nautical Archaeology

From: Howard Wellman <howard>
Date: Thursday, May 14, 1998
The Institute of Nautical Archaeology - Egypt, located in
Alexandria, Egypt, has been approached by a USAID-funded agency to
create a training program in the practicalities of conserving
archaeological objects from waterlogged or marine sites.

We are looking for a bi-lingual English-Arabic conservator to act as
Lecturer/Demonstrator to support visiting lecturers (see
accompanying announcement).  The L/D will also be responsible for
preparing and translating lecture materials into Arabic.  Obviously,
fluency in both languages is critical.  Experience conserving
objects from waterlogged sites is preferred.

This is a one-year contract, which may be extended if the project
receives further funding.  The schedule for this project is still
under discussion, but we anticipate beginning planning the program
in autumn 1998, and start the actual workshops in early 1999.

Anyone interested in this position should please send a CV and
letter of intent to:

    Howard Wellman
    Director of Conservation
    Institute of Nautical Archaeology-Egypt