Subject: 19th century adhesives

19th century adhesives

From: Beverly J. Mahoney <suna>
Date: Thursday, May 14, 1998
An author has asked our reference desk what kind of glue or paste a
person would have used in the 1830's.  The character in her novel
keeps a journal and occasionally attaches something on a page.  Her
publisher wants it to be accurate, which is nice, so she is asking
for help.  If anyone can send me information or references to pass
on I would appreciate it.

Beverly J. Mahoney
Conservation Assistant
Indiana Historical Society