Subject: Book supports

Book supports

From: Priscilla Thomas <priscilla.thomas>
Date: Tuesday, May 5, 1998
I am posting this for a colleague, but since I think it may be of general
interest to the group.

    What has been the experience of anyone who has produced and used
    the "polyester film book supports" designed by Susan B. Martin,
    book conservator at the New York Academy of Medicine. The
    production of these supports was presented in the Abbey
    Newsletter in June 1990 and I have seen references to the
    article in several other discussions of exhibit supports. I am
    particularly interested in the ability of the supports to handle
    the weight of the books without the sides of the supports
    bowing.

                   Distributed: Tuesday, May 5, 1998