Subject: Stress corrosion cracking

Stress corrosion cracking

From: Jim Moss <clkmkr>
Date: Monday, May 4, 1998
In regards to the relationship between ammonia and brass, I have
tried for several months to locate the document that backs up the
anecdotal story about the gun cartridges being stored in a shed and
developing Stress Corrosion Cracking as a result of an infestation
of rats. Can anyone help me locate this document? Does it exist? I
am scheduled to give a lecture on SCC on May 23th and would
appreciate any assistance that you could give. Regards,

Jim Moss

                   Distributed: Tuesday, May 5, 1998