Subject: Paste cooker

Paste cooker

From: Karen Potje <kpotje>
Date: Monday, May 4, 1998
Last year we wasted a lot of long time on a fruitless search for a
North American source for a paste cooker.  But I happened to be
going to Paris on a courier trip and found an SEB saucier at BHV
Rivoli (a big department store, +33 42 74 94 60).  The product
number is 8367 03.  I was told that SEB is the only company now
making these sauce makers, and that they are no longer distributing
them in North America.  I have an address and phone number for SEB's
customer service department:

    21261 Selongey Cedex
    France
    + 33 80 75 43 21

The saucier was not expensive--449 francs--but by the time I added
the price of a transformer and plug adapter I had just about doubled
my cost. And there was also that airline ticket to Paris.

You might also find some information on SEB products on the
internet <URL:http://www.groupeseb.com/>

Karen Potje
Head, Conservation/Preservation
Canadian Centre for Architecture