Subject: Cleaning silk

Cleaning silk

From: Susan Fatemi <susanf>
Date: Wednesday, April 22, 1998
Lisa Blaylock <ptrout_studio [at] hotmail__com> writes

>When recommending care for
>contemporary silk, the manufacturer suggests dry-cleaning, but I
>would like to offer a good hand-washing substitute.  Is Orvus a
>responsible alternative?  Any help would be appreciated.

I would also be interested in any information on washing silk. Orvus
is quite popular in the quilting community as being "gentle". But my
understanding is that it is meant for cellulosic fibers/fabrics.
Currently I use Z'out or Dove or mild (not baby) shampoo. Advice
from experts much appreciated!

Susan Fatemi

                  Distributed: Monday, April 27, 1998