Subject: Conservation exhibits

Conservation exhibits

From: Michael Maggen <maggen>
Date: Wednesday, April 8, 1998
This is a response to David Harvey's inquiry on conservation
exhibits:

In  September 1993 I was in Hawaii and I was really surprise to find
a conservation exhibition when I visited the Bishop Museum, the
exhibition was  small but very informative  and focused  the subject
was the conservation of Japanese scrolls of the Bishop collection.
There were many photographs, before and after treatments, followed
with treatment reports and some scrolls after conservation. As a
paper conservator I was very pleased to have a chance to visited
that show and I wish to see more of a such!

Michael Maggen
Senior paper conservator
The Israel Museum Jerusalem
Israel