Subject: Painting on animal hide

Painting on animal hide

From: Lydia Johnson <lydia>
Date: Friday, March 27, 1998
    author.

I direct a university art gallery, and a man came into the gallery
today asking for help on how to preserve an animal hide that has the
image of a Native American chief painted (dyed?) on it.  I have not
seen the item, and I am not asking for instructions on how to
preserve it; I would prefer to direct him to someone who could
assess the situation and give him an accurate idea of how to
proceed.  We are located in the southwest corner of Utah.  Could
anyone on the list give me contact information for an expert who
could assist this man?

Lydia Johnson
Acting Director
Museums and Galleries at Southern Utah University
351 West Center Street
Cedar City, Utah 84720

                   Distributed: Friday, April 3, 1998