Subject: Repairing animation cels

Repairing animation cels

From: Ramona Duncan-Huse <rduncan>
Date: Friday, March 27, 1998
I sent the question about the repair of animation cells to a
conservator not on the list.  She has a massive amount of experience
working with both Disney and Warner Bros. studios on the care and
treatment of animation cells.  The following is her response. Please
respond to her off list :

    This is in response to the question about repairing animation
    cells. Based on my research on the conservation of animation
    cells, I have more questions before I can offer you an answer.
    The several options available to you depend upon the materials
    used for the cells, housing, their age, etc. Since I am not on
    the list, I invite you to call me directly and we can discuss
    the condition of  your materials further, and make
    recommendations.

    Linda Witkowski, Conservator
    Conservation Lab
    Indianapolis Museum of Art