Subject: Risk assessment

Risk assessment

From: Sylvie Marcil <smarcil>
Date: Monday, March 23, 1998
The Canadian Museum of Nature is about to undertake the second risk
assessment of all its collections.  The first one was completed 6
years ago for the 12 leased buildings in which the collections were
housed.  In the meantime, we have moved all the collections to a
single purpose-built facility and have been giving workshops on the
risk assessment methodology we employ. We know that some
institutions have done risk assessments on their own. Before we
embark on a new full-scale risk assessment exercise, we will be
reviewing our methodology and developing new ways of gathering our
information.  We would appreciate hearing from anyone who has done a
risk assessment, whatever the method they used, to discuss their
difficulties, successes, procedures, etc. Thank you,

Sylvie Marcil
Senior Conservator
Canadian Museum of Nature
P.O. Box 3443, Station D