Subject: Policies on deaccessioning

Policies on deaccessioning

From: Barbara Lilley <blilley>
Date: Monday, March 23, 1998
I am conducting research on how libraries make the decision to
withdraw materials.  A am specifically interested in the decision
process for brittle materials that have been microfilmed.  If anyone
has written policies they would be willing to share I would
appreciate copies.  They should cover the decision making process and
also the withdrawal process.  Who is involved, what criteria are
used, process for withdrawal and disposal/sale of the withdrawn
materials are all areas of interest.

I have already searched CoOL and found only two policies (Columbia
University and Univ. of Florida). Thank you,

Barbara Lilley
Conservation/Preservation Program Officer
New York State Library

                 Distributed: Wednesday, March 25, 1998