Subject: Pen humidifier

Pen humidifier

From: Gawain Weaver <Gawain>
Date: Monday, March 16, 1998
I've been working on a home-made pen humidifier for works of art on
paper. I am using a 5 gallon capacity bionaire ultrasonic humidifier
and have replaced the 3" circular vent with a disc of lucite.  My
first attempt was to attach a 1/4 hose barb with 1/4" inside
diameter tubing but this turned out to be too small--too much
condensation, not enough steam getting through. I'm moving to a 1"
i.d. tubing and will see what happens, it should have a better
surface to volume ratio for letting steam through. I will then
reduce down to the necessary diameter in the last 12". However,
before I reengineer the pen humidifier, does anyone have any advice?
or know of any published material? I checked BCIN to no avail.
Thanks in advance,

Gawain Weaver

                 Distributed: Thursday, March 19, 1998