Subject: Vocabulary control

Vocabulary control

From: Len Hambleton <lhambleton>
Date: Thursday, March 12, 1998
We have purchased Rediscovery software to manage our collections
registration needs and that of our conservation record functions.
Instead of trying to reinvent the wheel, producing a lexicon on ones
own would be exhaustive. Does anyone know if one exists that is
comprehensive and available to purchase and from whom. Thank you.

    **** Moderator's comments: Check out the Art and Architecture
    Thesaurus, <URL:http://www.gii.getty.edu/vocabulary/>

Len Hambleton - Objects Conservator
North Carolina Museum of History