Subject: Fuel oil spill

Fuel oil spill

From: Ton Cremers <securma>
Date: Tuesday, March 3, 1998
This is posted on behalf of Susan A. Kenen
<skenen [at] notes__cc__bellcore__com>

    I am curator of a historic house which recently had a #2 fuel
    oil spill in the basement due to a ruptured oil tank.  We have
    been in contact with the DEP, local HazMat officials, the AIC,
    the NIC (Heritage Preservation), and the Conservation Center for
    Art and Historical Artifacts. However, I have not run across
    anyone who has had direct experience with what sort of impact
    fuel oil fumes can have on furniture, textiles, and paintings. I
    would appreciate hearing from anyone who has direct experience
    with this and can offer suggestions.

    Susan A. Kenen

Ton Cremers
Museum Security Network