Subject: UV output of T8 lamps

UV output of T8 lamps

From: Steven D. Smith <smith>
Date: Tuesday, March 3, 1998
I recall hearing claims (unsubstantiated) that T8 fluorescent lamps
have, by design, lower UV output than the older T12 lamps. Do T8
lamps have a specified percentage of UV output, or can it vary from
model to model (as with T12)? I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who
has collected data on these lamps. Many thanks,

Steven D. Smith
Preservation Service Field Services Officer
AMIGOS Bibliographic Council, Inc.
12200 Park Central Dr., Suite 500
Dallas, TX  75251-2104
800-843-8482 or 972-851-8000