Subject: Renovation of rare books room

Renovation of rare books room

From: Carol Clausen <carol_clausen>
Date: Tuesday, February 24, 1998
    **** Moderator's comments:   Please respond directly to the
    author

We are planning to have our Incunabula Room renovated, chiefly to
improve the conditions (air quality, humidity, shelving, etc.) in
which our incunabula, early manuscripts, and various other treasures
are housed. We would like to find an engineer/architect who also
understands the requirements of early books. Can anyone recommend such
a person, preferably someone in the mid-Atlantic region?

Carol Clausen
History of Medicine Division
National Library of Medicine
Bethesda, MD