Subject: Polyvinyl alcohol

Polyvinyl alcohol

From: Sara McElroy <smcelroy>
Date: Monday, February 23, 1998
This is posted on behalf of Rob Proctor, who is not on the list (I
will relay replies to him). Many thanks.

   "This question is in reference to the stability and aging
    properties of polyvinyl alcohol. I think I've heard recently of
    some re-evaluation of these properties, especially pertaining to
    cross-linking, becoming less soluble over time, etc.  Can anyone
    help me with this?

    Rob Proctor
    Conservator
    Washington DC and Houston, TX "