Subject: Inoculations

Inoculations

From: Joice Himawan <jhimawan>
Date: Wednesday, February 11, 1998
This is in response to Thomas Dixon's posting regarding inoculations
(tetanus and others).  Although our institution does not have a
policy for mandatory inoculations for tetanus or other diseases, my
personal physician makes sure that I'm up-to-date with my tetanus
shots.  I have never heard of anyone reacting badly to a tetanus
shot, so I feel that it's better safe than sorry.  Individuals will
of course react differently to inoculations, and there's always a
chance of a bad reaction.  But I feel that just because one person
had a bad experience, doesn't mean that everyone should avoid it
because for the most part, inoculations work.

Joice Himawan
Conservator
Massachusetts Historical Society

                Distributed: Thursday, February 12, 1998