Subject: UKIC Furniture Section outings

UKIC Furniture Section outings

From: Dominique Rogers <do>
Date: Sunday, February 8, 1998
May Outing
Tuesday 12 May 1998
15 Places only
West Dean College, West Dean, West Sussex

This  all day visit includes a tour of West Dean House, visits to
the workshops, especially of course the Furniture Restoration area.
We hope there will be time to explore the gardens and Visitors
Centre of this fascinating house. We will circulate the list of
participants when fully booked, so that cars may be shared.

Booking:  Please send your booking plus a cheque for Pound Sterling
15.00 made payable UKIC Furniture Section and two SAE To:
Lyndsay Piper (see below)

April Outing
20 Places only
The Weald and Downland Open Air Museum
Singleton, Near Chichester, West Sussex

This all day visit has been organised for us by Jonathan Treleaven,
a Section member who has been actively involved with the museum of
late.  The day will comprise a guided tour, by the curator, of the
recently completed timber framed building projects, including the
re-erected  Whittakers Cottages and the purpose built woodshed
attached to the Bayleaf Medieval Farmstead. There will also be a
chance to observe and discuss an on-going building project with the
museum's carpenter/restorer at the on site workshop.  The project is
Poplar Cottage, a sixteenth century smoke-bay house.

Other permanent displays of traditional building materials and
techniques and regular demonstrations may also be of interest. We
hope to arrange lunch as a group at the pub three minutes walk away.
If no,there is an on site cafe.

Cost:  Pound Sterling: 11.00  excluding lunch. We will circulate the
list of participants when fully booked, so that cars may be shared.
The nearest station is Chichester, a 15 minute taxi drive from the
museum.

Booking:  Please send your booking plus a cheque for Pound Sterling
11, made payable UKIC Furniture Section and two SAE to:

    Lyndsay Piper
    Colin Piper Conservation
    Highfield House
    The Greens, Leafield,  Witney, Oxfordshire OX8 5NP
    +44 1993 878593
    Fax: +44 1993 878009
    piper.conservation [at] which__net

Dominique-Anita Rogers, BSc.
Ganapati Kumari, Pin Mill, Ipswich, IP9 1JW, UK

                Distributed: Tuesday, February 10, 1998