Subject: Patron education

Patron education

From: Elizabeth Clark <eclark>
Date: Tuesday, February 10, 1998
I'm the new book repair technician at the Smith College Libraries,
and I'm working with the circulation department to find
informational signs on general book care to educate our patrons.
We would like to use them at the circulation desk, in the reading
room, near copiers, etc, and we want them to talk about issues such
as not getting books wet, not having food or drink around the books,
not forcing books to lie flat on the copier and breaking the spine,
not writing in books, using post-its or paper clips, etc. etc.  I
know Gaylord has had table tent signs for sale that look promising,
but people have objected to the somewhat casual tone of the language
they use.  I want to find out if there are other sources for
pre-made signs like these, so we don't try to reinvent the wheel.

Lisa Clark
Smith College
Neilson Library

                Distributed: Tuesday, February 10, 1998