Subject: Inoculations

Inoculations

From: Thomas J. Braun <tbraun>
Date: Tuesday, February 10, 1998
Thomas Dixon <ngvcons [at] vicnet__net__au>
> I was told many years ago that tetanus vaccination and subsequent
> booster shots every ten years were necessary for museum staff
> handling museum objects and works of art...

As I understand it from my physician, the medical field recommends
that small children get the initial vaccination, and that *everyone*
should get the "booster" every ten years to ensure that the
inoculation is still viable (that's why they call it a "booster").

Thomas James Braun
Mellon Conservation Fellow
Winterthur/University of Delaware Program in Art Conservation

                Distributed: Tuesday, February 10, 1998