Subject: Policy on scanning

Policy on scanning

From: Jill Sterrett <jsterrett>
Date: Tuesday, January 27, 1998
I am interested to survey readers about institutional protocols for
scanning collection material using flat bed scanners.

In our case, we are a fine art museum with sizeable photographic
holdings. For instance, what sort of strictures exist for scanning
historic photographic images such as stereo cards.  I am
particularly curious to learn about hazards of handling and exposure
on flat bed scanners. Thank you for your input,

Jill Sterrett
Paper Conservator
Elise S. Haas Conservation Studio
San Francisco Museum of Modern Art