Subject: Wiring

Wiring

From: Wendy Smith <wendyag>
Date: Thursday, January 29, 1998
We are a small archive with a significant collection of video and
audio tapes that we are in the process of remastering to current
archive formats.  We have been advised that to obtain the best
quality recording conditions our equipment should be grounded
separately from all other electrical equipment in order to obtain
clean power (inconsistent grounding being a major source of
interference).  At the moment we are in an old building and are
looking to achieve separate grounding and to prevent RFI and EMI
interference by purchasing Tripplite or APC brand UPSs for our video
and audio equipment. However we are also about construct a new
building and have been told to put in a completely separate grounded
power source for our audio/video equipment. Does anyone else have
any advice/experience in this matter? Yours,

Wendy Smith
Krishnamurti Archives

                 Distributed: Friday, January 30, 1998