Subject: Source for bible paper

Source for bible paper

From: Ellen McCrady <abbeypub>
Date: Saturday, January 24, 1998
On January 22, Bob Milevski asked where he could get Bible paper for
taking rubbings of book covers.  Lockwood-Post's says there are
seven mills in the U.S. making Bible papers.  Five of them are known
to me, and four of these five mills are 100% alkaline, and at least
one of those four (Ecusta, now known as P.H. Glatfelter, Ecusta
Div.) makes paper that meets the ANSI/NISO standard.  The five
alkaline mills are:

    Crown Vantage in Parchment, MI
    Fletcher in Alpena, MI
    P.H. Glatfelter (Ecusta) in NC
    Willamette (pronounced will AM et) in Jonsonburg, PA
    Fraser Paper in Maine  (but only 42% of their product is
        alkaline)

Instead of calling the companies, call your local paper distributors
and ask them if they handle paper from any of these mills.

I believe that paper made especially for taking rubbings of
gravestones is available on the market.  Ask someone who does this
as a hobby, or ask the paper distributors.

Ellen McCrady, Editor
Abbey Publications
7105 Geneva Dr.
Austin, TX 78723