Subject: Position at Preservation Technologies

Position at Preservation Technologies

From: James E. Burd <burd>
Date: Thursday, January 22, 1998
Senior Sales Representative - Preservation services

Here is a unique opportunity to make a lasting contribution to
preserving our written heritage.  Preservation Technologies is a
recognized world leader in the development of innovative processes
for preserving books, archives, and other paper based materials.
Rapid growth and market acceptance of our capabilities have created
an opening in our organization for a key person to take the lead as
our senior sales representative in expanding the sales of our
"Bookkeeper" mass deacidification services with libraries and
archives.

Building on a strong base of current business, your primary
responsibility will be to significantly increase sales in the North
American market for these services.  In this position, you will work
directly with key preservation and administrative leaders of major
libraries and archival institutions. You will have considerable
visibility and must represent the company, technically and
commercially, with customers, at trade shows and conferences, and as
a general spokesperson as required.  An ability to travel is
essential.

In addition to excellent communications skills and proven sales
ability, you will be required to demonstrate strong initiative and
problem solving abilities in resolving a range of technical,
commercial, and financial concerns facing customers.  You will
assist customers as they develop their deacidification programs,
including logistics, funding, etc.  A prior background in
conservation, preservation administration, or other library or
archives experience would be a strong benefit.

Salary and benefits are commensurate with your abilities.  Our
headquarters are located in a vital, growing suburban community just
north of Pittsburgh.  As a key person in a young, high growth
company, you will find significant professional challenges and
opportunities for personal growth.  If you want to join the team,
please contact

    James E. Burd
    President
    Preservation Technologies