Subject: Field work opportunity

Field work opportunity

From: Rivka Rabinovich <rivka>
Date: Wednesday, January 14, 1998
I would like to offer a visit for a conservator that has experience
in field work, mainly in bones and tusks.

A Lower Paleolithic site (ca. 450,000 BP) is going to be excavated
in Israel - Revadim. During Salvage excavations we have recovered
stone tools and bones in situ. A few elephant bones were
exposed--including a pelvis and a few tusk parts. During the coming
July we would like to excavate the site. As its special finds and
location are unique, we would like to prepare it as an open air
museum.

For the future exhibit and the scientific study a conservator that
has experience is required. Preferable someone that worked in site
like this in Europe.

We can bring the person through European exchange of student, she/he
should be less then 35.

Rivka Rabinovich
Dept. of Evolution Systematics and Ecology
Giveat Ram - Berman building
The Hebrew University Of Jerusalem
Jerusalem 91904
+972 2 585782 4

                Distributed: Wednesday, January 14, 1998