Subject: Design of microform facilities

Design of microform facilities

From: Heather Brown <heatherb>
Date: Saturday, January 10, 1998
Our organisation is in the process of planning building
redevelopment and I am interested to learn  of any organisations
which have been recently involved in planning small to medium scale
purpose-built facilities for microfilming/microfiching library
materials such as newspapers and archival documents. I am keen to
network with relevant staff and interested colleagues regarding
issues such as the layout, design and equipping of areas for
preparation, filming, processing, waste disposal of chemicals and
films, quality control checking (visual, chemical), and housing of
microforms. (I am familiar with the recent developments in the
Singapore National Archives.)

Heather Brown
Coordinator, Image Services
State Library of South Australia