Subject: French clamps

French clamps

From: Eileen Procter <eileen.procter>
Date: Friday, January 9, 1998
I am looking for a source that sells French clamps (also known as
multipurpose assemblers). The French clamps are small clear plastic
arms tipped with a rubber cushion. Two of these arms are placed on a
carbon fibre rod and pushed together till the rubber pads hold the
item to be clamped. As you let go of the arms the rubber pads flex
which pulls the arms out from each other. This causes the carbon rod
to flex slightly, so the arms cannot move along it. So the clamp
stays where it is till you pull the arms away from each other to
release it.  The fax number for the original company, Berna
Innovations (Avignon France), does not respond and they no longer
are listed with the phone company.  Does anyone one know where I can
get this product or something similar?  Thank you,

Eileen Procter
Metals Conservator
Australian War Memorial
Treloar Centre for Conservation