Subject: Offsite storage of film

Offsite storage of film

From: Roxanna Herrick <roxanna>
Date: Thursday, January 8, 1998
Our institution is currently in the negotiating process for a film
archive (or maybe two archives). We will need to store the film
offsite.  I am interested in people's experiences storing film and
would appreciate advice on how we should rate offsite locations as
to how well they maintain an environment conducive to long-term film
storage.  I know UCLA does store its restored films offsite in a
storage vault, and it seems there are many such vaults available in
California.  Here in St. Louis, I am not so sure.

Roxanna Herrick
Preservation Administrator
Washington University in St. Louis

                  Distributed: Friday, January 9, 1998