Subject: Materials and techniques database

Materials and techniques database

From: Heida Shoemaker <jsterrett>
Date: Tuesday, January 6, 1998
I am interested in information from institutions with data bases
(computer or hard-copy) related to artist's technique and materials,
and artist's intent.

I am beginning a project to add information on these subjects to the
San Francisco Museum of Modern Art's collection database (Embark).
Access to this information through our computer database will aid in
conservation treatment and environmental and exhibition concerns.

I would appreciate any examples, ideas, or comments from anyone who
has created or worked with such a database.

                Distributed: Wednesday, January 7, 1998