Subject: Neobond synthetic paper

Neobond synthetic paper

From: Victoria Bunting <victoria_bunting>
Date: Monday, January 5, 1998
In the department of Prints and Illustrated Books at our museum we
have book by Patrick Caufield (copyright 1973) called "Some Poems by
Jules LaForgue", printed by Petersburg Press.  The colophon says it
is screenprinted on Neobond synthetic paper; and was printed in
Stuttgart by Frank Kircherer, 1972.  Can anyone tell us what is this
Neobond material?  The curator would like to have  a more general
description, such as "vinyl", or whatever it is.  I have tried the
CHIN Materials Information Database with no luck.  Thanks,

Victoria Bunting
Assistant Conservator
Museum of Modern Art
212-708-9559