Subject: Removing adhesive residue

Removing adhesive residue

From: Burt Altman <baltman>
Date: Monday, December 16, 1996
I've just pulled a set of Masterplots from our Reserves desk.
Unfortunately, someone in our Processing Department put a strip of
binding tape on the spine to identify the item. Now that the tape
has been removed, I'm left with a sticky set of books. I would
appreciate hearing from anyone who has experienced this, and what
suggestions they might have for cleaning and/or removing the sticky
residue that's left.

Burt Altman, Archivist
Special Collections Dept.
Florida State University Libraries