Subject: Furniture finish

Furniture finish

From: Carrie Beyer <cbey>
Date: Tuesday, December 17, 1996
I am wondering if anyone knows what kind of finish was used on
Haywood-Wakefield furniture from the 1940s to 1950s.  I need to
remove some black scuff marks that have not penetrated the surface,
and am unsure what to use, pure soap and water or an oil based
cleaner.  Since the wood is the champagne finish I am weary until I
know what the finish is and what is safest method of cleaning. Thank
you,

Carrie Beyer

                Distributed: Tuesday, December 17, 1996