Subject: Crazing of acrylic sheeting

Crazing of acrylic sheeting

From: Helio R. Flores <helio>
Date: Saturday, December 7, 1996
I have been working with acrylic sheets (if we are talking of the
same polymer then it is polymethyl methacrylate or "plexiglass"),
and I don't think that the small cracks formed were because of an
alkaline detergent used for cleaning. If possible please look if the
crazes were developed in the outside area of the sheet or in the
inside, because (if I'm right) the crazes are formed from the
interaction with the mat.

                Distributed: Tuesday, December 17, 1996