Subject: Wheat starch paste

Wheat starch paste

From: Cathy Atwood <catwood>
Date: Wednesday, December 11, 1996
I have used Zin Shofu (precipitated wheat starch) from Conservation
Materials for a number of years.  Now we have Jin Shofu (also
precipitated wheat starch) from Hiromi Paper.  They are slightly
different in working properties.  For instance, it seems like I add
more water to the Jin Shofu over the course of a mending day to keep
it the same consistency.  Has anyone else noticed a change in how
they work with the two adhesives?  Do you use different dilutions
for backing using Zin Shofu vs. Jin Shofu?

I do have a call in to Hiromi to see what she can tell me about the
supplier/manufacturing.

Cathy Atwood
Local Records Program, Missouri Secretary of State

                 Distributed: Friday, December 13, 1996