Subject: Kirby vacuum cleaners

Kirby vacuum cleaners

From: George W. Cannon <gwc4>
Date: Friday, December 13, 1996
We recently conducted a search for a vacuum for cleaning and dusting
our collections and general collections storage.  I'm not familiar
with the Kirby so I don't know their specs regarding capture of fine
dust.  We decided on a HEPA filtered vacuum and tested the Nilfisk
and the WAP.  We decided on the WAP SQ14 with HEPA filter.  It's
relatively quiet, has great suction with a variable speed control,
good filtration specs, and it's very well designed with all
attachments stored onboard.  It comes with a telescoping wand that
adjusts to accommodate people of differing heights. We felt overall
it was the best choice for or needs.

George Cannon
Preparator
Herbert F. Johnson Museum of Art