Subject: Pacific Silver Cloth

Pacific Silver Cloth

From: Susan Stock <susans>
Date: Tuesday, December 10, 1996
I would like to thank everyone for their input and interest.  I had
the opportunity to speak to Terry Weisser at the Walters yesterday.
Briefly, they have been using Pacific Silver Cloth in display cases
at the Walters since the mid-seventies.   To-date, the silver in
these cases is still pristine and the cloth has not been changed.
The cloth was also used as strips in temporary display cases, and
proved to be effective in inhibiting tarnish. The placement of the
cloth seemed to make a difference in efficiency.  For details and
for questions, Terry suggested those interested contact her by Fax
at 410-752-4797.

The cases also had silica gel.  I didn't ask Terry if the gel had
been reconditioned over the years.  Its an interesting point.

I felt very encouraged by her comments.

Thanks again to all-this is proving to be a very interesting group.

Susan Stock
Royal Ontario Museum

                Distributed: Tuesday, December 10, 1996