Subject: Pacific Silver Cloth

Pacific Silver Cloth

From: Larry Hutchings <history>
Date: Friday, December 6, 1996
I appreciated Donald Farren's comments and question regarding
Pacific Silver Cloth. Along the same lines, for those of us working
in less than ideal environments, can Pacific Silver Cloth reach a
saturation point, where it begins to redistribute sulphur on the
artifact it was meant to protect? Can we further buffer the
artifact's environment, and therefore reduce the amount of
atmospheric pollutants, by double-bagging the artifact in Pacific
Silver Cloth and polyethylene, or will this create other problems?

Larry Hutchings
Stevens County Historical Society
SCHS Museum
116 West Sixth Street