Subject: Shrink wrapping

Shrink wrapping

From: Brian McNair <btm1>
Date: Thursday, December 5, 1996
I am interested in knowing if there is any updated information on
what is currently being done with brittle books.  We are currently
shrink wrapping, and the concern is if there is any new technology
to allow the book to breathe.  As I understand the environment
created causes the embrittlement process to speed up.

Brian T. McNair
Book Repair Supervisor
Preservation Department
Milton S. Eisenhower Library