Subject: Resizing

Resizing

From: Mark Rutledge <mark>
Date: Monday, November 25, 1996
I would like to kick off a discussion thread on the distlist,
regarding resizing paper, particularly that has been washed,
deacidified, and leafcast, but not limited to that.  Particular
areas to be addressed: Sizing agents, particularly methyl cellulose
and gelatine.  Arguments, with defense, in favor, or against,
either?  Application method, dipping, spraying, brushing?  I'm
particularly interested with 17th century paper here, but I'd like
to see broader discussion. My hope is that this will turn into a
discussion of current thought/practice/strongly held opinion, not
just a point to the available literature.

Mark Rutledge
New York City Municipal Archives
Surrogates Court
31 Chambers Street
New York NY

               Distributed: Wednesday, November 27, 1996