Subject: Storage of posters

Storage of posters

From: Sue Dunlap <sdunlap>
Date: Friday, November 22, 1996
Our special collections department has a large collection of WWII
posters. We currently have them stored flat in map cases, with
several posters in each drawer.  Some of them have been put in
acid-free folders, which are very expensive to buy that large.  The
posters range in size from 18 x 24" to 22 x 30"  My question is,
what is the best way to house these?  Is it ok to have them in the
map cases? Should there be some sort of acid-free paper or tissue
between each one? Or should they all be in their own folder?  Thanks
for your help.

Sue Dunlap
Preservation/Preparation Manager
College of Wooster Libraries