Subject: Cleaning mounted birds

Cleaning mounted birds

From: Roberta Salmaso <mcsnat>
Date: Monday, November 11, 1996
I am looking for information (personal experience or bibliography)
on how to clean mounted birds, mostly from dust, sometimes very old
dust. I know that this can be done with a light washing,
trichloroethylene, dimethylketone or lac thinner. I would like to
know if and how these techniques can damage the specimens and would
like to know other cleaning methods. Thank you,

Roberta Salmaso
Museo Storia Naturale Verona

                 Distributed: Monday, November 18, 1996