Subject: Sequins

Sequins

From: Joyce Hill Stoner <joyce.stoner>
Date: Wednesday, November 13, 1996
Early twentieth-century sequins:  their technology and preservation

Renee Stein, one of our second-year M.S.-level students, and I are
working on a research project on the technology and preservation of
various sets of the "Ruby Slippers" that have survived from the MGM
film "The Wizard of Oz."  I have conducted various literature and
data base searches on sequins and have found almost no entries
whatsoever.  Does anyone have any suggestions for bibliographic and
oral history references on the technology of and typical
deterioration mechanisms of red sequins from the 1930s.  Thank you.

Dr. Joyce Hill Stoner
Director
Winterthur/University of Delaware
Program in Art Conservation