Subject: Book about shellac sought

Book about shellac sought

From: Colin Williamson <smileplas>
Date: Sunday, November 10, 1996
Craig Deller <craig1708 [at] aol__com> writes

>I have been searching for a particular book and now turn to the List
>for help. My search of the 800 some libraries here in Illinois has
>turned up blank;
>
>    "The Handbook of Shellac Analysis"
>    M. Rengasswami & H.K. Sen; authors
>    Indian Lac Research Institute;  publisher
>    1952

I'm not sure why he specifically wants that book, but the classic
books on shellac are:

    Shellac and other Natural Resins
    B S Gidvani, Plastics Institute, London, 1954

and

    Shellac
    E J Parry, Pitman, London, 1935

for analytical data he should check in paint and varnish
publications. Unfortunately there appears to be a band with the name
'Shellac' so any netsearch keeps on turning up pop music information

Colin Williamson
Plastics Historical Society, London

                 Distributed: Monday, November 18, 1996